Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Putting a cork in the whine

Unfinished business: responses to my last hissy fit ranged from amused to constructive to downright hostile. The most interesting feedback came from JRW:
I was not aware that you needed so much feedback. You rarely respond to comments so it appears that you are indifferent to them unless they make you upset like Judy did. I have never had the feeling that you appreciate having me for a reader.
...
You have blog fans. Engage us in a constructive dialog and we will respond. It is so unbecoming when you whine.

Ouch.

Point taken. And I know, but occasionally forget, that insulting your customers is not a particularly effective sales technique. So I will try to muzzle my petulance from now on.

The original point of meta-communication here was to try to make the blog better, which is still of interest to me. So please permit a smidge more.

Yes, JRW, you are valued. And I especially value your feedback. If Site Meter told me I had 100,000 readers, that would be one form of validation. Your comments are the other. I thought I was encouraging them by referencing your comments in posts and updates. but I haven't done a lot of back-and-forth in the comments -- do you think that I should do more of that? How should I help foster more dialogue?

We now return you to our regularly scheduled Bush-bashing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I repeat: Message boards are better for dialog. I participate in a couple of work related message boards. I get an e-mail when is an update to the threads where I've posted and such.

But you responding will help, too. At least it seems to in the couple of recent posts where you engaged.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love you too.

Yrs truely,
The JackRabbitWoman (JRW)

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats