Saturday, April 29, 2006

Nice try, folks

OK, we seem to be stuck in a rut here.

1. I pour my heart out into my blog, bent over a hot laptop trying to cook up postings that I think you will like.

2. Your response is, um, "low touch."

3. I go into my Jewish mother guilt mode, whining about how "You never call, you never write..."

4. A few of you blow some smoke up my ass about how my prose and logic are so compelling that comment is superfluous.

OK, so then it would follow that Digby, Glenn Greenwald, Jane Hamsher and PZ Meyers must be talking some serious smack, because their postings generate hundreds of comments a day.

Right.

If you want to flatter me, comment. Point me to stuff that interests you. Point me to stuff that pisses you off. The sound of one hand clapping is not very motivational.

Et cetera.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My new plan is to whine more often. Eighteen comments on that entry about how people don't comment!"
found on google

"...show him some blog love in the comments section, 'cause if you don't, he'll be snivelling all day, and frankly, I don't have time to deal with his whining..."
also found on google

yeah, whining for comments puts you in good company

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Blow smoke up my ass…". Well, I guess that sure the fuck puts me in my place. Sorry to fucking bother you. I won't do so again. It's called Bookmarks, Select, Command-X, fuck off.

8:15 AM  
Blogger LavaLady said...

You have one more subscriber than I do on bloglines, if that makes you feel any better.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats