Friday, April 28, 2006

You mean "How many miles per dead soldier does your SUV get?" didn't win?

Regular readers will probably remember that somebody at Chevrolet had the brainstorm of allowing hoi polloi to create our own commercials for the some of GM's dreadnaught-class SUVs, and that I joined many in the subversive rabble in doing my best Cecil B. DeBluememe. Incredibly, my contribution is no longer accessible on Chevy's website. But I can tell you that the tagline was this posting's headline.

Anyways, I bring it up now because, after weeks of waiting on pins and needles, I just received an email from GM's version of Simon Cowell:
On behalf of Chevy and the all new 2007 Tahoe, we’d like to thank you for your outstanding effort in the Chevy Online Apprentice contest. Thousands entered, millions checked out the Tahoe site and your response was overwhelming.

The commercial you submitted was strong but, after careful deliberation, we’ve decided to go in another direction....

And I was so sure that ridiculing their products and the people who buy them was the right call for GM.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

For DeMille, young fur henchmen can't be rowing!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats