Friday, April 07, 2006

Bad week in Wingnuttia

(Rewritten from scratch after first post got bloggered)

Think about the important developments this week and how they must be affecting the hard-core wingnuts.

  • The newly discovered Gospel of Judas brings into serious question the fundamentals of Christian doctrine (and, incidentally, makes the savaging of "Last Temptation of Christ" even sillier).
  • A hugely important missing link is found -- a fish with primitive limbs -- that blows all to hell one of the (specious but) principal objections to evolution trumpeted by Intelligent Design believers.
  • Prayer is shown to be ineffective.
  • Bible thumper Tom DeLay surrenders his House seat.
  • And the White House admits that Godhead George W. Bush has been lying his ass off about national security leaks.

Only time will tell if this rapid succession of major body blows will drive the faith-based out into the cold light of reality or further into their caves.

Either way, a helluva week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good summary. I was especially pleased to hear about the concentrated "prayer for sick people" study completely failing. I'm sure they'll come back and say that the scientific methods, processes, etc were flawed somehow and that they need more federal funding to prove that prayer really does work... oh yeah and send in those big fat contributions to the 700 club to make it happen, blah blah blah.

And the fish that fills the missing link must be that cool darwin fish with legs magnet thingy for the back of your car, huh? Cool.

I love science!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I thought about that Last Temptation bit when I heard about that gospel, too. Nice reference!

Sorry to hear about getting bloggered. I have been getting a little lazy about safe blogging myself. But I did get Microsoft One Note and it is pretty useful for composing pre-posting. I'm no fan of Microsoft, but I do like technology that works and I find it ideal for blogging.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats