Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A word of encouragement

I am a bit surprised and very pleased at the positive reaction to my latest piece at Raw Story. The fact that a bunch of new folks seem to have followed me here, and even been commenting, really warms my cold, cold heart. I know I have harped on this before, but seeing activity in the comments is the only reward I get for this endeavor, and when you folks decide to hand out a few extra Beggin' Bits, it sets my tail a-waggin'.

But the word of encouragement I want to give here is not really about how you reward me.

I am genuinely worried about the possibility that the Bush junta will resort to provoking a war with Iran to save their own hides. And I suspect that the only way we can stop them is to get enough people talking about this in the cold, cynical light of day NOW. If enough people make enough noise about the "wag the dog" meme, maybe -- maybe -- we can preempt this disaster. If the traditional press strarts filtering the sabre-rattling though this lens, maybe the mojo will stop working.

So if you think this danger is real... TALK IT UP. Post the column, or links to it, wherever you can. Email it to friends. We need to change the conversation about this subject, and I fear we don't have much time.

And thanks, y'all. I get tired of the sound of my own keyboard. Your feedback really makes a difference to me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read with horror that Bush is starting a new program to build 125 new nukes a year for years to come.

The very thought of that fucker doing this sends chills down my spine. Here ism the letter I sent to both my senators, Russ Feingold, Harry Reid, and Dick Durbin, just to START:

Dear Senator,

I just read a report that Bushco wants to start building 125 new nuclear weapons a year for the foreseeable future.

I cannot even imagine anything that would be more dangerous than this: renewal of the arms race, proliferation, threatening every nation on the face of the earth that will know that if they are built, they will be used.

I PLEAD WITH YOU to stop the funding for any such attempt BEFORE he can start his reckless and dangerous plan. We have long known here that we have a "shoot first, ask questions later" cowboy of a president, but let's not further his ability to bring more death and destruction into the world.

Thank you for what you do.

BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, STOP THIS INSANITY!

Respectfully yours,

Bill and Mila Arnett

PLEASE, EVERYONE, WRITE NOW SO FUNDING CAN GET CUT OFF BEFORE THEY START! Write your representative, your senator, your governor, and any/everybody that might help stop our insane president!

And Mr. Blue, rest assured you are read by me everyday.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, from the land of the liberal media elite. A friend at The New Yorker tells me that the next Seymour Hersh article is exactly about this: Bush is planning on striking Iran's nuclear bunkers. I can't vouch for the information, but it comes from someone who's editing the story. Someone with more time might track this down....

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of those to which you refer as having come to your blog as a result of your rawstory piece.

I felt it important to comment that I believe that no amount of public outcry (should it ever materialize) regarding the actions of the current administration will subdue their actions.

In light of the WMD fiasco, opposition in Washington's only response has been "now that we are there, we have to finish the job." Virtually the entire citizenry knows that the 2nd Iraq war is a farce, but what is being done? Protests in the streets? Mass riots? Any organized oppositional voice anywhere except around the kitchen table?....Nothing.

To understand the real trouble, we as a nation are in, look to the response to the illegal alien marches. Absolute apathy.

The rawstory piece presented your fear that the Necons are potentailly leading this nation toward destruction. Did you ever think that that is exactly what their primary intention is?

To borrow a phrase from you.....Tinfoil hat anyone????

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one can stop this gang of assclowns. We are helpless before their immoral march to global domination. Reading the news is like watching a VERY SLOW, horrible train wreck. Nothing can stop them now.

Pessimism....or reality?

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats