Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just in case you thought I was nuts

When I wrote my column on the possibility of Armageddon in Iran I figured it would seem absurd to most reasonable people. I assumed most folks would say that the idea that the Bush junta would intentionally provoke a devastating attack for the purpose of justifying a devastating retaliation wsa beyond the pale even for them. Then the news filled up with reports of new weapons being tested by Iran, and more Republican sabre-rattling. Now Think Progress has this:

Joseph Cirincione is a respected non-proliferation expert at the Carnegie Endowment, one who admits he “was the last remaining person in Washington who believed President George W. Bush when he said that he was committed to a diplomatic solution.” Yet, in a new column for Foreign Policy magazine, he says he now believes that senior U.S. officials have already made up their minds to attack Iran:

For months, I have told interviewers that no senior political or military official was seriously considering a military attack on Iran. In the last few weeks, I have changed my view. In part, this shift was triggered by colleagues with close ties to the Pentagon and the executive branch who have convinced me that some senior officials have already made up their minds: They want to hit Iran. … What I previously dismissed as posturing, I now believe may be a coordinated campaign to prepare for a military strike on Iran.

I didn't think I could scare myself more than I did when I wrote the thing. I was wrong.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you're "nuts" at all. Actually, I think I love you... Cue the Partidge Family song...

No, seriously, that piece really freaked me out because it was all so real! Please don't call me a tin-foil-hat guy, because I really don't think that I am, but I have been gradually moving all of my wealth (or net worth, if you prefer,) into GOLD and PLATINUM coins, which can be easily transported OUT of the country in the case of turning to a fascist autocratic dictatorship overnight, which we all know is a huge risk under this gang of thieves... Ugh! Read the book "It can't happen here" by Sinclair Lewis (1935) to get a clue.

At a minimum, folks, keep that passport current for at least a year in advance from now so you can get out if necessary on short notice! And if you don't yet have a passport, APPLY NOW!

Okay. Maybe I am nuts, but don't blame me when (not if) it all comes down.

What to do? What to do?

Thank you Mister Blue Meme. I really do love you. You have the most insightful posts that I read. It would be great to meet you someday and shake (or kiss) your hand.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an entirely possible scenario. Bush needs a "hot" war if he is going to try to cancel elections or election results, as the American people would rise up en masse and physically evict him from the whitehouse and government. Without a hot war Bush knows there is zero possibility of effecting a coup de tat.

And it's true that Iran is not Iraq; it won't ever lay down arms and surrender to Americans like Saddam did. And we have conveniently placed 140,000 targets for their missiles and bombs, and many more thousands of targets in the very concentrated environs of Naval ships.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Captain Quahog said...

Man, like I didn't have a hard enough time sleeping after reading your first post on this...
This really scares the crap outa me!

9:59 AM  
Blogger karen Horst Cobb said...

I'm concerned you might be right. I just read a book I found at Goodwill entitled Eden to Armageddon by D.C. Bray Jonah to the Nations. It was self published in 1998 and is a "prophet's" view of revelation and what is to come. The author explains he has visions. One of his visions was that New York would be attacked and it would be blamed on Iraq. (remember this was published in 98) Then he describes in detail a dirty B attack on NY in the late spring or early summer which will kill millions. He says then the financial center of the US will move to Dallas and the US will attack Iran with nukes. Islam and Christians (the false non - Jesus kind n my opinion ) and Jews will take sides and Armageddon will happen. Much of the book is pretty wild in my opinion but blaming Iraq for 9/11 was pretty accurate. You can still get this guy’s book I think. I found it on a website and tried to contact him but so far no reply. I have no idea who this guy is but his prophecy is detailed enough stop it if anyone were to take it seriously. It involves a vichle on a ship coming from Africa to the gulf and then pulling a trailer with a box with a false bottom where the B is hidden. It is to be parked in an old parking garage…..It seem likely that something this big God might care about enough to give us a heads up. Who knows.

karencobb.blogspot.com

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats