Friday, January 20, 2006

Please don't beat me

Minority Leader Reid Apologizes to GOP

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid on Thursday apologized to 33 Republican senators singled out for ethics criticism in a report from his office titled "Republican Abuse of Power."

"The document released by my office yesterday went too far and I want to convey to you my personal regrets," Reid said in a letter.

"I am writing to apologize for the tone of this document and the decision to single out individual senators for criticism in it."

Reid came under attack Wednesday over the report, which was issued by his staff on Senate letterhead, even as he and fellow Democrats released ethics overhaul proposals.

I'm all for a wide variety of support programs and legal protections for battered wives. I just wouldn't ask them to lead the battle to save our Constitution while so obviously traumatized by the experience.

Give 'emGo to hell, Harry. Maybe you can co-organize a group hug for your colleagues with Dick Durbin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It occurs to me that pressure of an illegal type might have been brought to bear on our gentleman...

expect more.

remember, Bush's GESTAPO has been listening in on conversations for years now.

if they can't gun you down, or call you a pedophile...they can always blackmail you with wiretapped intimate details...

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats