1. A code of silence - Never to "rat out" any mafia member. Never to divulge any mafia secrets. Even if they were threatened by torture or death.
2. Complete obedience to the boss - Obey the boss's orders, no matter what.
3. Assistance - To provide any necessary assistance to any other respected or befriended mafia faction.
4. Vengeance - Any attacks on family members must be avenged. "An attack on one is an attack on all."
5. Avoid contact with the authorities.
Of course, these commandments have required a certain amount of modification for their new context. For instance, "avoid contact with the authorities" loses most of its meaning when you are the authorities. However, the Administration's behavior vis a vis Congressional oversight does fit the profile nicely.