Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What a fool believes

I said earlier that I think it is important to be magnanimous and forgiving of the folks now leaving the Tinkerbell parade and sneaking back into the reality-based community. I still believe that. But I think there is no reason to hold our fire as to those who continue to chug the Kool Aid.
FAIR (Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting) has collected some choice punditization from an earlier time. We should feel free to flay these bozos with their own words. To wit:
"The only people who think this wasn't a victory are Upper Westside liberals, and a few people here in Washington." (Charles Krauthammer, Inside Washington, WUSA-TV, 4/19/03)
...
"I doubt that the journalists at the New York Times and NPR or at ABC or at CNN are going to ever admit just how wrong their negative pronouncements were over the past four weeks." (MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, 4/9/03)
...
"We're all neo-cons now." (MSNBC's Chris Matthews, 4/9/03)
The Tweety song is my fave. I think we ought to be throwing these kinds of quotes in their faces every chance we get. And I think we ought to be taking our general dissatisfaction with media bias and bring it all to bear on a single target for a while. If we can make it uncomfortable enough for one media whore, I think we have a better chance of having an effect than we do when our complaints are more diffuse. And if we can force one voice to tell a little truth, I suspect many more will sit up and take notice.

I vote for Tweety as the first target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats