Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Snow job

Senate panel rejects bid for NSA inquiry

Senators Hagel and Snow caved.

Duh.

More than a month ago, in my most recent Raw Story column, I wrote that if Alito ascended to the Supreme Court, we would pass the point of no return. I called the piece "No Tomorrow."

Since then, I have actually seen lot of things that encouraged me, and that suggested that there might still be time to turn back the thieves and scoundrels who have hijacked our country.

Today's "moderate" Republican spinectomy shouldn't surprise me, I know. But it is yet another checkpoint the ruling junta has blasted past without being stopped. It is another chance squandered. And we are yet another step closer to the totalitarian monarchy that we may not be able to undo.

And as cynical and jaded as I am, I seem not to have yet exhausted my personal supply of disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats