Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Don't it make my blue meme green

Why am I backing away from identification with the DINO pantywaists? Here's a relevant data point:

As liberal Democrat calls for special prosecutor on Iraq, Democrats duck
Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), the feisty septuagenarian congressman who serves as the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee will issue yet another missive to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales later this week calling for the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate possible criminal misconduct in regard to the Bush Administration's march to war in Iraq.

Just five other Democrats have signed Conyers' letter: Reps. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) Mike Honda (D-CA) and Jim McDermott (D-WA), Susan Davis (D-CA,) and Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) along with Bernie Sanders (I-VT).
...
What's striking isn't that Conyers is calling on Gonzales to appoint a special prosecutor. He's done it before, and he'd likely do it again. But his decision to take public action to seek a Justice Department investigation of pre-war policy and manipulation of the press has met resounding silence among his Democratic Party.

While a handful of House members sign on to Conyers' proposals each time, the leading voices in the party are silent when it comes to formal legal action on Iraq. In other words, Democrats are quick to criticize the Administration, but are loath to make legal attempts to bring them to account.

These cowards may be incrementally less evil than their Republican counterparts, but I refuse to identify or ally myself with them.

I'd change the name of the blog if I could. Since I can't (without in effect starting over with a new blog), the picture stays green.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Incrementally less evil?

I'd say expnentially less evil.

But that's still plenty evil.

But then other times I think they are just as evil, just exponentially less competent. Ever go to a local Democratic event? It shows.

Anyway - e-mail, write (yeah, right), and call Barbara and Diane. I have found Diane to be more responsive to e-mails and calls in the last year. At least she seems to vote my way more since I started pestering her.

Oh, wait, that's the Senate.

Well, who's your Rep? Write and call. I've got Mighty Mike Thompson.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Also - I now get the Green Meanie. My wife was asking me why it is the Blue Meme and why the Meanie is Green now.

But why did you pick a meanie in the first place?

And did you know that the letters for word verification are always anagrams of real words? Try it.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats