Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bluememe's greatest hits, volume 2

Our best work was already behind us, of course. The endless tours and mandatory drug abuse had begun to take their toll. Still, there were a few hits, like this, and this and this and this and this and this.

February's "no duh" prescient prediction:

When gasoline in the U.S. starts costing $3 or 4 bucks a gallon -- and it will -- GM is going to find selling Hummers and its other dreadnaught-class barges about as easy as selling cancer.

On the other hand, man was I wrong about this one: at the time, I thought the court decision forcing Matt Cooper and the Queen of Iraq to testify was a Bad Thing. Mea culpa. I was foolishly looking for potential threats to the legitimacy of a free press from without. I vastly misunderestimated their ability to destroy themselves from within.

And this still cracks me up.

Oh, and ummmmm..... Koufax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats