Monday, November 07, 2005

RPPD

I would like to propose a new character disorder for the next version of the shrink's encyclopedia of fuckedupness, AKA the DSM. I would like to call it Republican Pundit Personality Disorder.

Shakespeare's Sister reminds me of Joe Scarborough's hectoring, obnoxious performance on Friday's Bill Maher show. And that reminded me of the panel I saw somewhere on TV about a week ago, wherein Bay Buchannan out-ruded Donna Brazile, and of course any appearance anywhere of Bill O'Reilly. Symptoms generally include vivid belief in the objectively false, extreme situationally inappropriate behavior, degraded interpersonal skills, and homicidal ideation.

Perhaps Dr. Bloor can help with the formal differential diagnostic parameters -- I suspect it will take considerable skill to distinguish it from a number of more common delusional conditions such as paranoid schizophrenia. But I'm more concerned with finding an effective treatment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

When asked to explain President Bush's statement, "We do not torture," White House Press Secretary Scott McLellan said, "It's not torture to encourage detainees to participate in group activities such as the CIA version of the popular television game show Fear Factor."

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats