Sunday, November 06, 2005

John McCain, sock puppet

via Raw Story: Republicans differ on Bush response to CIA leak inquiry


Sen. John McCain, meanwhile, who has faced off with the White House over treatment of detainees, offered an olive branch on Karl Rove.

Asked if Rove should lose his top secret security clearance, McCain told Fox News Sunday: "I don't think so. I don't know if that's a reason to do so."


Once upon a time, I thought MCain was an honorable man. And his persistence on torture is admirable. But his periodic suck-up ritual to the house of Rove... well, a bit spineless. And familiar.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I used to like, well, not eactly like, but respect McCain. When the Bush machine attacked him in the primary, the enemy of my enemy became my friend. Well not friend exactly, but, you know what I mean.

He's been all over the TV in California these days, spouting lies in support of Arnold's bad for our future ballot initiatives. So now I lump him in with the enemy again.

The funny thing is that McCain is the best the Republicans can do these days on the National scene. They aren't using Bush in ads here, for obvious reasons. And I guess there's nobody else with name recognition who isn't under indictment or investigation.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Olaf said...

McCain is a disgrace to the memory of Barry Goldwater and a complete tool of the Bush administration. He carries a great deal of responsibility for his complicity in their criminal acts.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats