Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Not "Not my President" any more

I have never felt what I feel tonight.

Words fail.

The closest thing I can compare it to was watching Neil Armstrong step off the ladder and into immortality. I was only 10 years old, but I grasped the magnitude and improbability of the accomplishment.

Almost 40 years later, the next giant leap.

Tomorrow, or perhaps the day after, the give and take and the gap between promise and fulfillment will surely return. Tonight, I exalt in my country.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And like Armstrong, a large measure of the credit for this unlikely feat goes to the team behind him. If he governs half as competently as he campaigns, we may make more progress toward undoing the Bush/Cheney legacy over the next eight years than I thought possible.

OTOH, I am prepared to grant AIP their wish and cut Alaska loose. They can cheerfully become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gazprom in an era of declining dependence on hydrocarbons, while we will rid ourselves of a bunch of whackos that insist on sending greedhead convicts to DC.

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to the voting booth and on the ballot was Obama's name. I don't know what it took to get it there but there it was.

There is a generation that has been called "The Greatest Generation" - In electing Barack Obama we've done something they could not do.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats