Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Your turn to be creeped out


John Mark Karr, 2006



Peter Gabriel, circa 1986

I know something about opening windows and doors
I know how to move quietly to creep across creaky wooden floors
I know where to find precious things in all your cupboards and drawers
Slipping the clippers
Slipping the clippers through the telephone wires
The sense of isolation inspires
Inspires me
I like to feel the suspense when I'm certain you know I am there
I like you lying awake, your baited breath charging the air
I like the touch and the smell of all the pretty dresses you wear
Intruders happy in the dark
Intruder come
Intruder come and leave his mark, leave his mark

Lyrics, Intruder from III (a/k/a "Melt", 1980)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is truly creepy is that self proclaimed sane Americans are giving any credence to this 'Tinkerbell' John Mark Karr.

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to interrupt important stories like this but...

You Iran showdown conjecture has just been shadowboxed into plausibility again

http://noquarter.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/08/why_bush_will_c.html

2:05 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Peter Gabriel, creepy...

But the Iran thing, holy shit. I just had this discussion with my wife about why I've een staying up so late reading the news and writing. And I told her if we march towards war with Iran the way we marched there with Iraq I sure as shit am not going to sit back and watch it happen like I did last time, I'm going to find something to do.

I want to throw out there that the recess for Congress to campaign could be a likely time to launch a strike - doesn't need Congressional approval then - like a recess war appointment. I'm going to go buy that Volkswagen Bus, load it up and head for the hills. Oh, wait, we already live in the hills.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I realize I should be a little more explicit - the Fall mid-terms are not looking good for the Republicans - nothing like another front on the War to shake up the Etch-A-Sketch and paint a new picture before they go to the polls in Bush Country.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats