Wednesday, August 16, 2006

More flashbacks

I am beginning to think that one of the signal indicators of growing old is that everything begins to remind you of something else.

Back in college, I studied electronic music. (This was back when a $100,000 synthesizer was incapable of most of the things a $50 Casio can do today.) Anyway, one of the coolest pieces we listened to in the classroom was the audio equivalent of an optical illusion: difficult to describe, but it consisted of a series of individual tones that seemed to rise in pitch, but in fact didn't change -- it was a trick caused by varying volume. So it perpetually seemed to go up, but there was no actual movement.

Which, like I said, is where my brain when when I saw this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats