Monday, September 19, 2005

Thinktankular!

Liberal blogging and columning are thankless tasks. Not so thankless as appearing in staged photo ops in destroyed cities, perhaps, but thankless, nonetheless. It is rare that even exemplary left-of-center work (not that I claim such status for my own scribblings, mind you) receives the encomiums of the established intelligentsia, let alone the imprimatur of a major think tank. So I am fairly bursting with pride with the news that my humble efforts have been recognized and rewarded.

Say hello to the newest Senior Recidivist at the Poor Man Institute for Freedom and Democracy and a Pony.

Mainstream media, please give me a few days to complete the paperwork with our in-house attorneys and publicists before rushing to book me on talk shows, panels, etc.

And because I know that with such notoriety will inevitably come the temptation to compromise my integrity, let me assure one and all that I am no Armstrong Williams. My opinions are not for sale. My forehead, on the other hand, is accepting bids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats