Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Latin, Italian... whatever

President Speaks to Press Pool
Aboard Air Force One
En route Waco, Texas
Q Just to follow up on that, Mr. President, a couple questions about the Pope. One, I noticed at one point you had your glasses on and you were following along -- I'm not sure if you were looking at the homily at that point or maybe, did you have one of those guides that --

THE PRESIDENT: I did. It's hard to follow -- my Spanish is not very good -- (laughter) -- nevertheless, it is decent enough to pick up sounds that then can help me follow the Italian.

Q Had you ever been to a Latin mass before; I imagine you've been to an English mass?

THE PRESIDENT: No, never been to a Latin mass.

Well, shee-yit, Clem. Them furriners is picky ain't they? Why should we give a cuss if they is talking one of them funny languages or another, so long as it ain't...

(wait for it)



Blogger cookie jill said...

Everything is so "hard" for awol.


12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

see web stats