Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Latin, Italian... whatever

President Speaks to Press Pool
Aboard Air Force One
En route Waco, Texas
...
Q Just to follow up on that, Mr. President, a couple questions about the Pope. One, I noticed at one point you had your glasses on and you were following along -- I'm not sure if you were looking at the homily at that point or maybe, did you have one of those guides that --

THE PRESIDENT: I did. It's hard to follow -- my Spanish is not very good -- (laughter) -- nevertheless, it is decent enough to pick up sounds that then can help me follow the Italian.

Q Had you ever been to a Latin mass before; I imagine you've been to an English mass?

THE PRESIDENT: No, never been to a Latin mass.


Well, shee-yit, Clem. Them furriners is picky ain't they? Why should we give a cuss if they is talking one of them funny languages or another, so long as it ain't...

(wait for it)

FRENCH!

1 Comments:

Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

Everything is so "hard" for awol.

http://www.dnext.com/

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats