Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Nice HST tribute

From Salon.com | The Duke of Hazard:

This is a day when writers can get away with imitiations. Read the whole thing, but I liked this part:

I think it is improper and disrespectful to whine about this suicide. Thompson was in the game for a very, very long time, and I think it is a safe bet that he was never comfortable. This was a profoundly tortured guy, the smoke from whose ears always made a whole lot of exciting colors that we all enjoyed. It was a great brain to watch but you wouldn't want to live in it, I'd aver. He was a butch motherfucker and I'd bet cash he stuck it out significantly longer than he really wanted to. Let's face it, HST was not one for the nursing home -- he'd have just stolen everyone else's barbiturates and hurt people trying to arm-wrestle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this coal mine has lost one of its best canaries.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats