Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A future without ponies

Sadly, I think it is time to call it.

The Poor Man seems to have left the building for the last time. His postings became sporadic and perfunctory months ago. He gradually stopped responding to stimuli; the site would go offline without warning, sometimes for days at a time. I am guessing that when Kaye Grogan stopped offering up the tasty morsels of stupid that had given him so much sustenance over the years, he just lost the will to go on.

I'd like to think The Editors has gone on to a better place. But I will always treasure our time together. And I will always consider myself a part of the Poor Man Institute for Freedom, Democracy, and a Pony.

Vaya con Dios, The.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you make of his stopping writing altogether?
I can't imagine that he'd not miss having such an outlet for his creativity.
Anyway, I found your blog through his and have enjoyed the commentary. It's easy to take for granted the effort you bloggers make to put into words what we're all thinking privately - until you find that a blogger you like has stopped writing and you realize how much it helps to have people write out their reactions to the issue of the day.
It'll be a long time before I remove the poorman bookmark from its place of honor - but if he has quit the scene for good then all I can say is thanks for the memories - Broderella will be funny 20 years from now and a Doughy Pantload remains forever a doughy pantload.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats