Saturday, August 19, 2006

Another reason I have been posting less often

Der Spiegel, 8/18/06
The Coming Conflict: Natural Resources are Fuelling a New Cold War

Natural Resources are Fuelling a New Cold War

By Erich Follath

Oil and gas supplies are becoming scarcer and more expensive. The hunt for the world's remaining resources is creating new alliances and the danger of fresh conflicts. China is moving aggressively to sate its growing appetite for energy, potentially setting up a confrontation with the United States for the dwindling resources of the Middle East and Africa.

Der Blau Meme, 6/30/05:
There is a famous quote from Albert Einstein about war. He said “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

I am considerably less qualified than Einstein to predict the weapons to be used in WWIII, but I am pretty sure of what it will be about, and who we will be fighting against. In fact, the war has already begun. The war is about oil, and our dance partner is China.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr.T said...

Posting less often because you are scurrying to hoard some of those scarce resources?

6:22 AM  
Blogger bluememe said...

Uh, no. Because I write to share my views, and about the things that interest me. Other than the occasional "nyah, nyah," I don't get much out of repeating myself the way the think tank shills do.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats