Monday, July 17, 2006

With apologies to Professor Lakoff

I know -- we are supposed to drop the Preznit Moron meme. I agreed with that suggestion. But...but...but. There was the pig fixation. There was the open mike gaffe. But those are all chump change compared to the series of photographs Steve Gilliard has up at his blog. The pics show the Shrub initiating totally inappropriate physical contact with German Chancellor Merkel, and her stunned, horrified response. Maybe you will have a different reaction, but they give me the willies. Take a look and tell me what you think.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

An open mic gaffe? Why is it called a gaffe instead of a rare glimpse in to his personality? Sure, he said the 'S' word, but what I found more revealing is his interaction with TB - constantly talking over him, listening just long enough to get an in to say what he wanted to say - saying he agrees and his next statement indicating he really doesn't and so on. Bully behavior modified with Pop Psych Social Training and perhaps a dash of How To Win Friends and Influence British Foreign Policy.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is time to investigate what he is ingesting for medication. If he is not drunk here then he is hopped up on goofballs. Note the lack of self control as well as the flushed complexion and confused gaze followed by his startled acknowledgement of yet another faux pas.

If it's not medication then sadly he is just a dumbass without any recognition of his decorum. He cannot be held accountable for his actions either way. This ship has no rudder.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the creeps in very tangible way (the unconcious raising up of my own shoulders) when I looked at the stills. I know I shouldn't, but I'm gonna watch the video later. Something about it is so damn scary - in part because he's obviously so disconnected here. That in combination with everything else I know about him makes it pretty clear that he is not 'normal', and not in control of himself in a very real way.

Scary.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking he should be called the "potty-mouthed president"

Yrs,
JRW

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats