Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Silly me

Man, I spend all this time trying to grok politics and the players, and then I see stuff like this that sends my head spinnning all Linda Blair-like.

NBC's David Gregory has been Scottie's least favorite reporter for quite some time. And he has been merciless in taking Scottie's head off on the Elmer Fudd story.
"“David, hold on… the cameras aren't on right now," McClellan replied. "You can do this later."

"Don't accuse me of trying to pose to the cameras," the newsman said, his voice rising somewhat. "Don’t be a jerk to me personally when I’m asking you a serious question."

"You don't have to yell," McClellan said.

"I will yell," said Gregory, pointing a finger at McCellan at his dais. "If you want to use that podium to try to take shots at me personally, which I don’t appreciate, then I will raise my voice, because that’s wrong."


So how come on NBC News tonight, when Brian Williams joined in on Pumpkin Head's insistence that the story will soon die (unless the victim does), he added that the Sheriff had cleared Cheney on the alcohol question without pointing out that they were prevented from talking to Cheney until the next morning, rendering their conclusion pure conjecture? I mean, I expect Timmuh to spew whatever nonsense he is told to by his masters, but I had let myself believe that Gregory had at least one nut left in his sack.

Silly me. I guess the pique on display was only loosely related to the fact the logical set "the White House speaks" is virtually identical with the set "the White House lies." More likely explanation is that Gregory's ire is purely personal: "screw the public -- you lied to ME!" Gregory is thus the reincarnation of the SNL Al Franken; all that matters is how it affects him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats