Wednesday, November 02, 2005

35%

Bush's low job approval is far below that of some of his two-term predecessors at this point in their second terms. In November 1985, President Reagan had a 65 percent approval rating, and Bill Clinton's job approval in November 1997 was 57 percent. Bush's rating is higher than Richard Nixon's was at the same point in his administration.


I've been down so low
Bottom looked like up


Name that lyric.....

And when you look in the Dictionary of Cliches under "damned with faint praise," you'll find "Bush's rating is higher than Richard Nixon's was at the same point in his administration" as an exemplar.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

This one was bugging me and I caved and Googled it. Back before our last move and I purged, I had that on one of those things we used to call "tapes" that we would play on what we called "tape decks." Might have to go find that at my local iTunes Music Store.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and darth "the dick" cheney is at 19% - nineteen percent. lmao. i bet i could dig up a dead guy and get a better rating that nineteen f***ing percent. is that hated more than the chimp ??

1:42 AM  
Blogger bluememe said...

"Mr. Vinyl"? I'll thank you to leave my clothing fetishes out of this dicussion.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats