Thursday, October 27, 2005

So, Dr. Bookmaker...

Believe it: White Sox are finally champs

Let me know if you are having trouble covering any of that 15-1 White Sox action. I might be able to arrange to have some friends of mine extend a very reasonable kneecap-secured loan to help you out.

The only sports prediction I can remember making in this space was about the self-destruction last year of the L.A. Kobes. It was one of those rare occasions when bile and logic aligned. (I was right, of course, but we'll leave that aspect out of the discussion.)

I think we should both stick to politics, in which it is a lot harder most of the time to be proven wrong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Bloor said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I prefer to think of it as being right about fourteen of the sixteen teams, but that's neither here nor there. All credit is due to Ozzie G. and his boys, who clearly didn't give a rat's ass about any short-pants jinxes and played some very impressive baseball all month. Let's just hope that Bud Selig and his crew can keep their ham hands off of next year's series.

And now, given my impressive 14/16 record, let me state unequivocally that Left Blogistan is in for coal on Fitzmas morning. Not only will he not return any indictments against Scoots, Turdie or anyone else in the assministration, he will publicly apologize to them before frog marching Joe Wilson and Valerie Flame off to the Federal slam.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Dr. Bloor said...

Shit. 6 of 8 teams, not 14 of 16. Anyways.

3:15 PM  
Blogger bluememe said...

I could make a rude comment about the need to correct the apologia... but that would be wrong. This is not the place for friendly fire incidents.

So, who do you like for the Super Bowl?

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats