Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Rare insight from the Moonie Times

President Bush said yesterday that he doesn't "see how you can be president without a relationship with the Lord," but that he is always mindful to protect the right of others to worship or not worship.

Mr. Bush told editors and reporters of The Washington Times yesterday in an interview in the Oval Office that many in the public misunderstand the role of faith in his life and his view of the proper relationship between religion and the government.
"I think people attack me because they are fearful that I will then say that you're not equally as patriotic if you're not a religious person," Mr. Bush said. "I've never said that. I've never acted like that. I think that's just the way it is."


So if you are just an ordinary shlub, you have the right not to worship. But if you want to kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians, enrich the wealthy at the expense of the poor, strut around in uniform after shirking your own duty, break the social contract, sow hate and prejudice and lie with impunity, well, my fellow citizens, for that you need a relationship with the big guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats