Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More Schadenfratricide

Columnist Robert Novak tells Fox News that he suspects that he might have been used as a pawn to steal publicity from Senator Obama after airing a rumor that Senator McCain planned to shortly announce his vice presidential pick.

"I had a suggestion from a very senior McCain aide late yesterday afternoon that he was going to announce it this week," Novak told Fox News' Martha MacCallum. "They suggested that I put it out."

"I since have been told by certain people that this was a dodge," Novak lamented. "They were trying to get a little publicity to rain on Obama's campaign. That's pretty reprehensible, if it's true."

Awwwwwwww.

Update: And in more traditional schadenfreude, heh.

Updater: Oh, my - apparently Novak has expressed his pique by mowing down a pedestrian in his Corvette. Why doesn't he just invade a small country like his pals do when they feel inadequate?

Updatest: Politico unearths this gem from Nokula:
Novak, 77, has earned a reputation around the capital as an aggressive driver, easily identified in his convertible sports car.

In 2001, he cursed at a pedestrian on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 13th streets Northwest for allegedly jaywalking.

“’Learn to read the signs, [bodily orifice]!’ Novak snapped before speeding away,” according to an item in The Washington Post’s Reliable Source column.

Novak explained to the paper: "He was crossing on the red light. I really hate jaywalkers. I despise them. Since I don't run the country, all I can do is yell at 'em. The other option is to run 'em over, but as a compassionate conservative, I would never do that."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I had a suggestion from a very senior McCain aide late yesterday afternoon that he was going to announce it this week," Novak told Fox News' Martha MacCallum. "They suggested that I put it out."

Does this man know he's naked?

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats