Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Worse

Today Obama tried to explain his surrender on FISA, and just made things worse.

I don't blame Obama for wanting to put some distance between himself and the DFHs. Were I in his place I would indeed tack to the center. He should take us for granted. And he could have done it without significantly eroding his support among the (smarter) DFHs.

What I do blame him for is for putting real distance between himself and the Constitution.

There is policy (Social Security, universal health care, tax policy etc.), which you can horsetrade. And then there is bedrock principle. Or, at least, there should be. Today I learned that you can fit every Senator who feels that way in a single minivan. And the presumptive Democratic nominee ain't one of them.




Obummer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

esoder: I'm still waiting for that surprise you promised me.

TA

1:06 AM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Me too.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats