Friday, February 29, 2008

Idiocracy

In 2006, Mike Judge delivered what was perhaps the most eerily dystopic Rip van Winkle riff since Woody Allen's "Sleeper." it was called "Idiocracy." In the flick, an average Joe wakes up in a dumbed-down future and is a genius by comparison.

JoeBob sez check it out.

Or not, because that dystopia is here.

Jonah Goldberg, author of the nonsense-on-stilts polemic "Liberal Fascism" -- the one now at the top of, incredibly, the NON-fiction NYT best seller list -- just said this:

It’s time to admit that “diversity” is code for racism.

Mr. Judge, your future is here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I love that movie. Brought to you by Carl's Junior.

Who is buying that book? I thought about buying it just so I could post about it and not fall victim to,"Well, did you read the book?" But I just can't bring myself to do it. There's just too many good McSweeney's that I haven't read yet, you know? And I just know it's going to be crap, I don't need to know what flavor of crap it is.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats