Friday, February 15, 2008

House Dems stand up; sun rises anyway

What a difference a day makes. (Also making a difference, apparently, is a change of venue, from Senate to House.)

No telecom immunity. Yet.

Contempt citations for Bolten and Miers.

Don't know if it will last, but whaddaya know? When Dems speak clearly and forcefully in opposition to insanity, the drones of the MSM actually seem to listen. A significant portion of the coverage I have seen has not bought into "WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE NOW!!!!!!" hysteria the Bushies favor.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I was shocked when I heard this news, too. And thrilled. Sure we're not dreaming?

This was definitely Fox-Newsworthy, but I didn't tune in at all. I know Bush's BS about lapses in security were...well, BS. And Olbermann went off! I think the lame duck status is starting to take hold in the MSM. Like what they used to report straight from the Administration is finally being scrutinized a little. And the nonsense is being pointed out as such.

Small victory, and perhaps temporary, but a victory still.

1:07 AM  
Blogger bluememe said...

Yes, but.

Heard Steny Hoyer on the News Hour, and refused to offer any principled objection to telecom immunity. My read was that this stunt was a "Respect-My-Author-i-tay!" hissy fit more than a deep commitment to the rule of law.

All of which leads me to believe that our Prague Spring will be very short.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

"Springtime for Hitler" from The Producers just popped in to my head.

And consumer confidence be damned - I just picked up a Quad Processor CPU with 3 Gig of RAM for $1,100. If you have a CompUSA in your neighborhood, I highly recommend heading on down there with some disposable income.

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats