Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happy birthday to us!

I don't see how the Dems can take the Senate at this point. But the House will be solidly Democratic. It will indeed be Chairman Conyers, and Chairman Waxman, and Chairman Dingell.

And yes, today is the second anniversary of this wee little blog. Exactly two years ago today, my first post, written in the agonizing aftermath of the 2004 disaster, was titled "angry" and consisted only of this:
pissed. frustrated. perplexed. but mostly pissed.
Tonight was inconceivable two years ago. The takedowns of Abramoff and Ney and Delay, the neocon circular firing squad, the near-mutiny in the military -- all beyond imagination.

Tomorrow, we can battle over Lieberman and what we do next. Tonight, I savor a glimmer of hope.

Update: I concede the Senate, and then Missouri shifts blue. The Senate is still in play.

Wow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

What about at this point? McCaskill has pulled slightly ahead.

Oh, crap, and by the time I got up stairs, read this, and wrote that, she's a little behind again.

This is the most exciting election I've been through in years.

Also, why aren't you at Tryst? Maybe in '08.

10:01 PM  
Blogger bluememe said...

Yup, I spoke too soon.

I'm flattered, Eric, but I'm small change. I don't play in that league, alas.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

It's midnight - what do you think now? What does Palast think now?

It looks to me like it's all over, but the fat lady won't sing until after Thanksgiving and the Webb/Allen recount.

What about Joe?

How the hell did Arnold win by such a large margin?

How is it that I am surrounded by Wal-Mart red necks, and yet Mike Thompson is winning my district with 65.2% of the vote?

And in greater California, apparently all we care about is keeping sex offenders out of our cleaner parks and water. The rest of the big number propositions are failing. And all of the little number propositions are winning. What the hell is happening in California?

Still, in all, it's nice to drink a little tequila on election night in celebration instead of despair.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours is one of the first blog I ever read, I was really angry at the media's coverage of the run up to the war and the mindless support they were giving to President nitwit.
I have remained a reader and I lift my glass (orange juice, it is eight AM after all) to you in a salute and propose a toast, "To all who fought to win this great victory, and to the fight to follow to keep it!"
Happy birthday to you Blue.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Jon Swift said...

Happy Birthday! Two is practically 50 in blog years. Congratulations.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats