Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Fuck me

Senators won't rule out filibuster

Six weeks ago, seven Democratic and seven Republican senators forged a deal that broke a stalemate over confirmation of Bush's court nominees, agreeing to filibuster them only in ''extraordinary circumstances." Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, one of the seven Republicans, said yesterday that disagreement with a nominee's legal views would not constitute extraordinary circumstances.
Lewis Black once said that Tom Ridge, then in charge of Homeland Security, should trash his inane color-coded system for a simpler three-tiered scheme: "Jesus Christ," "God Damn It," and "Fuck Me."

Seems like progressives might want to think about adopting a similar scheme for the upcoming SCOTUS nomination and confirmation process.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the Antichrist, I am the god of Babylon, I am Marduk!
Fuck Me Jesus
I am Marduk

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




see web stats